Latest News

Tatta Tatt Tatt - Part 2

Friday, January 21, 2011 , Posted by Artistik Domestician at 1/21/2011


Continued from my last post, here are some tattoos by some women I know and their personal thoughts on tattooing and body adornment.  What are your thoughts and/or do you have pics you'd like to share? Peace!



EMMA

I was first interested in the idea for purely aesthetic reasons. I've seen too many tattoos that don't seem to fit the shape of the body or body parts on which they've been placed. I've always loved anatomical illustration, especially classic engravings and prints. I cam up with the idea while looking at some of these illustrations. What could fit the body better than an image of the body itself? My tattoo artist was Andy, who works at Utility in Halifax, Nova Scotia, and he drew up a beautiful and anatomically accurate image of the bones of the back and arms. My tattoo has come to mean a lot more to me now. I love the idea of using the skin to represent what it is supposed to hide and protect. It's also a great conversation starter because I always have people coming up to me to ask me about it.







ANIA








The scripture says: Find rest, O my soul, in god alone; My hope comes from him. He alone is my rock and salvation; he is my fortress, I will not be shaken.

The angel is to represent myself and to constantly be reminded that The Almighty has my back (that's why its on my back) through all the journeys, struggles, hurts, pains, even the happy positive times etc

He is one who never gives up on me and loves me for me and the wings represent ones he will one day honor me with because each day on earth I try to make a difference and change myself to the person he wants me to be.


Me holding myself in the tattoo emphasizes to hold tight and keep fighting the good fight just like his son Jesus did and to constantly remind myself of that because the natural of this world can steal that away from you in seconds and cause me or anyone to stray away and never be blessed with those wings and/or his presents one day...

The pain of that tattoo was no bearing to what Jesus had to do for us...it was an awesome scoreless to get this on my back and I hold dear to it...with him by my side I can overcome any obstacle !! He's my super hero.


 AUSET HOTEP

Body adornment is a beautiful and sensual way to decorate ones temple. There are multiple ways to adorn ones body from tattooing to henna art to piercings etc. All make the temple beautiful and unique.










MELISSA

I think society today has become much more accepting of tattoo's but there are still many ppl who think it's trashy for females to have body art. Every one of my pieces have a meaning...and I have 12 of them. My first was done when I was 14...it was something my Father and I did together. It is said that your body Is a Temple....and I agree...I however choose to adorn my Temple with body art!






















   

JENNIFER's tattoos symbolize the two cultures surrounded by her nine children.





SAMMI JANELLE

The Ankh is a symbol that's been with me since I was a little girl - and I've always felt strongly connected to it. Be it through a past life, or just plain infatuation, I felt the need to carry this symbol with me for the rest of this lifetime. It protects, grounds and centers me.






















ORORO MUNROE













This tat is a cover up. About 7 or so years ago I was engaged to my ex and I originally had his nickname "tattooed on my arm. Yes, I did the cursed "don't tat your bf or gf name on your body, it's the kiss of death" lol. It was also my first tattoo; a valuable lesson for me as the relationship didn't last too much longer.  I did not want to walk around with this guys nickname on my arm. In hindsight I''m glad I did have it because it forced me to go bigger and brighter.

I've always had chiaos; related greatly to the 5%; Rastafarian/African culture; knew my cover up had to be spectacular.  Since my hair is loc'd I've had many encounters where I would be acknowledged as "Empress" or "Queen" from people I did and didn't know; I also see myself in that light. I'm also a huge fan of graffiti art and urban subculture which inspired the name "Empress" to be done in graf writing, the lion represents the conquering Lion of Judah; the colors of my tat red, gold and green, which to me represent, the blood shed of my people, the gold...the riches of mama Africa; green which means the rich, fertile land/earth.

I think women look amazing with tattoos, as long as the artwork is good and it represents who you are and what you're about.

Currently have 1 comments:

  1. Anonymous says:

    LOVE IT! Been waiting to see this published. Thanks for allowing me to share my art with the world QCee! You rock **ANIA***